Google’s “Project Glass” – How Sci-Fi could it be?
Trust Google to infuse futuristic touch into your normal life and in a way, to continue dreaming!
Just when you thought Google could not awe you anymore; it is back with yet another never-before-seen gadget to blow your minds. The recently launched Google+ page clearly shows that Google is now gearing up to come up with “Project Glass“, which contains every imaginable Sci-Fi feature in it. These Sci-Fi glasses are said to support augmented reality. The glasses will hopefully be available to the larger public as soon as the Google researchers finish testing them and give the green signal. So, guess it’s time to think out of the box than just be satisfied with your everyday entertainment providers like your headset, MP3 player, tablet and smart phone. 2012 might just turn out to be the year you looked into the future.
While the Glasses have been spotted in the wild on Google’s Sergei Brin, have a look at an interview on the Charlie Rose Show with Sebastian Thrun, Founder and Head of Google X, where he actually takes a photo using the prototype Glasses (check the photo, here).
Let’s have a look at what could be the Pros and Cons:
- The main advantage that could make Google’s ‘Project Glass’ so much better than smart phones is the fact that every possible feature that a smart phone can boast of should be accessible in a hands-free manner in these glasses. All you have to do is put them on and a world of possibilities opens up right in front of your eyes.
- Also, you can directly connect to any social forum (hopefully not limited to Google’s own) to chat with your friends, listen to your favorite songs, take and make calls, click pictures and much more, while being on the move 24/7.
- Life just becomes so much easier when you don’t have to fumble around in your purse to search for your smart phone. With this device, your hands are never occupied while operating it.
It would not be early to say that Google is all set to start a revolution with its ‘Project Glass’!
- Imagine walking into a pole, or falling down a pit while walking around looking at and through your glasses!
- The gadget could comprise a horizontal glass frame which is supposed to snuggly sit on the top of the user’s nose. The right side possesses a wider strip of what looks like a computerized projector. While this not so traditional take on everyday glasses might sound high-class, the framework and the entire look of this device may raise some eyebrows from those who are fashion-conscious. A whole video describing the look of these project glasses can be found in the Google+ page itself.
Google researchers have mentioned their eagerness to make it as user-friendly as possible. Thus, they have requested all the viewers to give their different opinions regarding their latest creation.
It would be interesting to see the people’s reactions towards the not-so-attractive overall look of Google’s Sci-Fi glasses.
If you enjoy the virtual world more than reality, then these project glass should have the power to make all your dreams come true. These glasses are by far the most advanced and ambitious project that Google has come up with.
Images Courtesy: Project Glass Google+ Page