Looks like the HTC Wildfire is now officially available in India, Courtesy Reliance GSM. The phone will be priced at Rs. 16,590, and will be available from authorised HTC resellers across the country.
Here’s what the phone is all about:
- Processor: Qualcomm® MSM7225-1, 528 MHz
- Operating system: Android™ 2.1 with HTC Sense
- Memory ROM: 512 MB Flash RAM: 384 MB
- Dimensions: 10.66 cm (L) x 6.09 cm (W) x 1.21 cm (T)
- Display: 3.2-inch QVGA 262k colour TFT capacitive touch screen
- Network: HSPA/UMTS dual band (900/2100mhz); GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate
- Camera: 5 megapixel colour camera with auto focus and LED flash GPS GPS/AGPS
- Battery: 1300 mAh rechargeable lithium- ion battery
- Special features: Proximity sensor, G-sensor, Digital compass, Light sensor, FM radio, Optical joystick
From the Press Release:
“The stylishly designed HTC Wildfire… brings all your communication requirements into one place, whether it’s through Facebook, Orkut, Twitter, Flickr…,” HTC India Country Head Ajay Sharma said.
Reliance Communications (RCOM) GSM customers upgrading to this new phone, which features a 3.2″ touch screen and a 5-megapixel camera, will get up to 500 MB of free data usage for a period six months.
“The launch of HTC Wildfire is in line with our strategy to offer next-generation service on mobile phones enabled with superior voice quality, high speed wireless data network access…,” RCOM President (Marketing-Wireless Business) Mahesh Prasad said. “
It looks like the Android OS is finally catching up with the rest in India, with so many new, affordable devices being launched. You also have all the older Android devices, which should be available at a much lower cost now.