The Nexus 5 Goes on Sale in India on the Google Play Store
For you Nexus fans out there, the good news for the day is that the Nexus 5 is finally available in India. The Google Play store has the Nexus 5 listed at Rs. 28,999 for the 16GB version and Rs. 32,999 for the 32GB version. According to the listing, they ship in 1 to 2 business days, so you can expect yours soon if you order now.
The LG made Nexus 5 sports a 4.95″ IPS Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3, powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor running at 2.26GHz. It’s got 2GB RAM and 16 or 32 GB storage, depending on which variant you pick up. You can choose between the Black and White versions as well.
The battery is 2,300 mAH, which is just a minor bump up from Nexus 4. Again this is a non-removable battery. The company claims 17 hours of talk time, 8.5 hours continuous of internet usage via WiFI and 7 hours on LTE. With the bad condition of 3G networks here in India, it could be less than that.
The camera too didn’t get much love as well on the Nexus 5, which comes with a 8 megapixel shooter, the upside is this comes with OIS( Optical Image Stabilisation) which could give a better snap in low light condition. You also get a 1.3 megapixel front camera as well.
The Nexus 5 features the following connectivity and charging options:
- Dual-band WiFi (24G/5G)
- 2G/3G and 4G LTE
- Bluetooth 4 LE (the new low powered bluetooth stack)
- Wireless charging
The 130 grams phone comes with Android Kitkat pre-installed on it. Here are some key features of KitKat on the Nexus 5:
- Open up Google Now by saying “Ok Google” from the home screen.
- Smarter Caller ID, which takes your friends or contact’s picture and details and show then when the call screen comes up. That’s if they’ve enabled that option on their account
- HDR+ Photography – HDR+ mode on Nexus 5 automatically snaps a rapid burst of photos and combines them to give you the best possible single shot.
- Low power audio playback for longer playback times during your commutes.
Planning on getting one? Head over to this Google Play link to place your order.
Thanks to Mandeep Walia for the tip.