The Nokia N73 mobile, which was named as a Multimedia computer by Nokia, was one of the power studded mobiles in the N70+ series with good quality camera and larger screen and some good multimedia features.
Before the introduction of mobiles like the N82, N95 and others, the most powerful camera in Nokia N-series mobiles is Nokia N73. Running on Symbian S60 series software, and can connect to any OS like Windows through Nokia PC Suite, and Mac OS through USB Mass Storage.
The dimensions are 110 x 49 x 19mm and the weight is 116 gm. The screen is diagonally measuring 2.4″ and the resolution is 240 x 320 pixels.
The keypad which is relatively smaller when compared to the other mobiles, and its screen itself, but looks better than the others. The navigation keys of Nokia N70 are replaced by the mini joystick which is surrounded by the Select/Cancel and Call/End buttons. Everything else in the keypad is similar to the N-series prototype mobiles.
The camera in the back is 3.2 megapixels which has a Carl Zeiss Tessar lens, a flash, red-eye reduction, autofocus, and also has 20x digital zoom. There is also a front VGA camera for video conference. Picture quality is good, but still can’t be compared with some other 3.2 MP cameras of Sony Ericsson.
Some specifications about Nokia N73 –
- Memory > Max User Storage: 42 MB, NAND Memory: 128 MB, SDRAM Memory: 64 MB, ~14 MB Free Executable RAM Memory, Memory Card: Mini SD
- Video recording > Yes (Format: MPEG-4, 3GP. Maximum resolution: 352×288 pixels. 15fps.)
- Browsing > Yes. Comes standard with a full Web browser
- Multimedia Messaging > Yes
- Video calls > Yes
- Push to talk > Yes
- Java support > Yes (MIDP 2.0,CLDC 1.1)
- Bluetooth > 2.0 + EDR (A2DP -i.e. Support for stereo bluetooth headsets available with firmware version 4 or above)
- Data cable support > Yes
- E-mail > Yes
The Nokia N73 mobile is available in many colors, giving a great range of choice for the mobile lovers. If anyone if planning to buy something in the N70+ range, they might go for N73 rather than something else.