Well, this might be old news, but the long awaited Notion Ink Adam tablet was up for pre-order on the 9th of December, and it was sold out soon after!
Well, at least the Pixel Qi versions are unavailable at the moment.
The Adam has come a long way, and we wish Notion Ink the best. It would be good to see an Indian company do well in the tablet market.
Here are some specs for you:
- Processor: NVIDIA Tegra 250,Dual Core Cortex A-9,ULP GPU
- Display: 10.1″ WSVGA (1024 x 600) Optional Pixel Qi display:Transmissive, transflective,
and reflective modes
- Connectivity: USB 2.0 Host x 2,Mini USB,HDMI, WLAN – 802.11 b/g/n,Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR,WWAN – 3G HSPA
- Memory: 1GB DDR2 RAM, 1GB SLC,8+ GB Flash,Micro-SD Card support
- Camera: 3.2 MP Auto Focus Swivel Camera
In case you were wondering what the Pixel Qi displayu was about, you can read about it here. Basically, it’s a standard LCD display, with the ability to switch the backlight off to save energy.
You can learn what’s going on with Notion Ink over on their Blog. Do visit their website for more details, it’s www.notionink.com. And in case you were looking to pre-order, here’s the link. We’re looking forward to the device, which will officially be unveiled at CES 2011.
We’ll keep you posted as we learn more. Follow us on twitter, we’re @myportableworld.