“Posts“, is an iPad application delivered by the award winning company, Pico. The new iPad application that can be used by bloggers to manage blog posted looks promising. It is easy to organize and easy to use.
There are many blogging applications for iPad. What makes Posts different from others is that you no longer need to give the path to xmlrpc file. The application takes few minutes to synchronize the data between iPad with the corresponding data from the website. You will be able to access the up-to-date posts, comments, pages and tags through the application.
As you install the ‘Posts’ app, it will be readily available for your manipulations. Let us know more about the features of ‘Posts’ –
- The application offers great user interface. You can find the thumbnails of posts on the right hand side of the screen. All the areas that you need to work will be displayed on the left hand side of the screen.
- The application lets you access more than one website that you are managing.
- Offline Mode allows you to do most of your work offline without and internet connection, and the changes are submitted to the site as soon as an internet connection is available.
- You can also access the site in the portrait direction as well.
- You will love to work with the quality rich text editor provided by the application.
- You can add new text, append text and images, edit content and add links in an effortless manner.
- You can also apply the ‘read more’ link facility through the application.
- The application lets you manipulate images as well. With a couple of taps, you can adjust the size of images, location of the images, ALT text, etc.
As the application gives you ample room to edit through iPad, you will love to work with the available while you are travelling or staying away from the laptop or desktop. At the moment, you can use Posts on both Blogger and WordPress. You can work on both self-hosted and WordPress.com sites. It is easy to browse through each and every post through ‘Posts’. The application will arrange all the blog posts in easy to access form and you can jump to a particular day by selecting a date on the calendar. You can switch over to the global view where blog posts from all the blogs will be displayed.
‘Posts’ let you manage comments on blog posts. You can approve or reject new comments without any delay. Busy bloggers will not waste their time as they have the facility to work in offline mode, as well. It is true that we are living in an era where our sophisticated gadgets are connected to the internet on a 24 x 7. However, having the ability to work in offline will help overcome the offline scenarios when the internet connection is disrupted due to various unavoidable reasons. As you work with offline mode, you can straight away push all the updated content as soon as your internet connection is restored.
This app currently costs $9.99 on the App Store. Some bloggers may not be satisfied with ‘Posts’ as it has its own inherent limitations. You cannot afford to work with more than two blogging platforms. If you are a newbie to blogging, you should not hesitate to take advantage of the iPad application, ‘Posts’. It is extremely easy to navigate through the application. The application gives you absolute control of your blog. As you set up multiple blogs to be accessed through the application, you will be able to progress on various blogs quite easily. Posts will give you the feeling that you are working with a familiar word processing application. Professional bloggers can take advantage of the powerful word processor and offline mode.