Technology develops with time. There was a period when owning a laptop would have meant that you are in sync with the most recent development in the tech world. However, now it is not so much about the height of the scene than it is about customization according to the specific needs. This means you become more important than technology and the technology develops keeping in mind the needs of its target buyers.
Of the most recent high end product releases on this principle, the most talked about is Panasonic’s newest release. The Panasonic Toughbook H2 Tablet has some very cool features and comes loaded with the best of what technology has to offer.
Some of the unique Features and Specifications are mentioned below –
1. Display – The tablet sports a 10.1 inch display. The Toughbook lives up to its name with a highly resistant touch screen display that repels dirt. It also has a layer of Panasonic’s latest Transflective plus technology. This layer can literally reflect sunlight and then use this as power source for backlight. This is an excellent adaption to reduce power consumption.
2. Processor – The Panasonic Toughbook H2 Tab is powered by the latest in the line, Intel Core-i5 processor. The ULV processor operates at 1.7 GHz and is backed by Intel’s High Definition 3000 graphics.
3. Tough Outer Cover – The H2 tablet has a magnesium alloy body which actually makes the device rugged and quite hardy. The magnesium alloy chassis enables the tablet to remain unharmed even when it is presumably dropped from a height of almost six feet. There are no cooling fans in the H2 tablet; rather, it has screw holes that help in proper ventilation for the system.
4. Memory Capacity and RAM – The Toughbook keeps up with the times with increased memory capacity of 160 GB hard disk. This ensures you have ample disk space to load in important data, your favorite music and still have extra space for more. The device comes with a 2GB powerful RAM with the option of expanding it up to 8GB. Apart from this, it also has the option of 128GB SSD memory.
5. Measurements and Weight – The Toughbook has the impressive measurements of 10.8 x 10.6 x 2.3 inches. Considering the added specifications, this is a prominent size for a tablet device. It weighs up to 3.5 pounds. Again, its features and a battery life of almost 6.5 hours make you expect a device much heavier than its actual weight.
6. Ports and Added features – The H1 tablet lacked in some respects and the whole objective of the H2 tablet was to overcome those shortcomings. So here it is finally, with a serial port, Ethernet and USB port. It is up to date with its GPS and contains a Bar code scanner as well as RFID reader. A BIOS keyboard comes in handy for fast feeding emails and texts while with the Fast boot technology you can start your tablet in a jiffy (25 seconds or less).
All in all, the Panasonic Toughbook H2 does its appointed task of overshadowing its predecessor. Priced at $3449, is it all set to justify its worth for its target consumer market? Let us know your thoughts.