Samsung Bada 2.0 Coming Next Year
In the recent Developer Day held in South Korea, Samsung has unveiled their plans for Bada, their smartphone platform. Samsung has highlighted that the lastest version of Samsung’s OS BADA should be more Web-Centric. It will add a bunch of features like better support for apps that use web technologies, a new SDK feraturing support for Mac as well as Linux. The new OS should also feature multitasking as well as NFC capabilities. we’re sure a hardware upgrade is in the works as well.
Here’s what Bada 2.0 has to offer:
- A new SDK for developers which should run on both Windows and Linux
- Improved User Interface
- Advertisement gateway and operator billing support for applications
- Third party Social Network integration
- Better support for apps that use web technologies
- NFC capabilities (which the Samsung Nexus S already sports), though applications which use this are not yet available on the mobile platform.
It’s not yet clear if older devices like the Wave will get this update yet. Will all this make Bada a worthy competitor to Android, Symbian^3 and iOS? We’ll just have to wait and see.