Skydrive now lands on Android phones after iOS
Microsoft on their Windows blog, has announced that the SkyDrive app for Android is now available for download from Google Play. Now users of Android phones can access their content stored on Skydrive straight from their phones. Microsoft had earlier released Skydrive for iOS devices and Windows Phone platforms making their SkyDrive service accessible for users on the major mobile platforms.
The blog post goes on to mention that even though the Android app is fully functional in Android 2.3 devices, it works best on Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) devices. Here’s the key features of the app, according to the post:
- Access your SkyDrive—documents, photos, and other files, plus the files other people have shared with you.
- View recently used documents.
- Choose multiple photos or videos to upload from your phone.
- Share your files and photos—send a link in email or in another app.
- Open your SkyDrive files from other Android apps.
- Easily manage your files—delete or create new folders.