We all love swype, and we know that you guys do too! So here’s a quick heads up, just in case you haven’t checked your mail,
because it turns out Swype beta has been updated. It seems the current beta will disappear in a couple of days, so you will have to download the new beta.
Here we go:
- Added German and Portuguese languages
- Added the auto-space suppression short-cut gesture: Swype from the spacebar to backspace
- Added the quick language switch short-cut gesture: Swype from the Swype Key to the Q key
- Improved the word prediction algorithm to provide better support for additional languages
- Improved handling of several gesture collisions, including want/wasn’t, to/too and others
- The Android IME no longer sometimes hangs/crashes when Swype scrapes the user’s address book for dictionary entries
- Tips and help menus now accessible when a password field is active
- Backspace now works in applications which use raw key input instead of an editable text field (e.g. terminal emulator)
- The single character “i” is no longer incorrectly auto-capitalized in non-English languages (reported by many of you!)
- Tons of other minor bug-fixes, including many device-specific issues
You’ll have to completely remove the old swype files from your phone before you do that.
Some important links for you guys:
DOWNLOAD – HERE (To be done from your phone browser)
FAQ – HERE
INSTRUCTIONS – HERE
If your phone came with swype pre-installed, you don’t have to do anything. This update is only for the Swype Beta users.