For those of you on Nokia’s S^3 phones, here’s a new update for your phone which should give you some major improvements on your device. The new update gets you the latest version of the Symbian OS called Anna. This update goes to prove that even though Nokia is shifting their new range of smartphones to the Windows platform, they’ll still continue to support and improve the Symbian platform as well. The Nokia X7 and the E6 already come with this version of the OS.
To see if you can update your phone to the latest version, just head to the Application menu > Software Update to see if the update is available. As with all firmware updates, we recommend that you backup your important data first before you start the update. If you prefer, you can also your phone via your PC using Ovi Suite.
What’s new in this version?
- Faster and improved Web Browser
- Updated Email Client and Calendar software
- Improved keyboard, with a QWERTY mode even in the portrait mode
- General UI improvements with the Anna icon-set
- Enhanced apps – Ovi Maps, Ovi Store and Photo gallery
- General Speed improvements as well
Here’s another video from Nokia giving you a quick introduction to Symbian Anna, especially for N8 and E7 users: