The Acer beTouch E100 is an affordable Android phone from Acer. If you are looking for an Android phone below Rs, 15,000, here is one of the contenders to look at. This phone retails for 9,999, so you should get it for slightly cheaper if you look around for a bargain. The beTouch E110 runs on Android Cupcake (version 1.5) and sports a 400 Mhz processor, 2.8 inches TFT resistive touchscreen and a 3MP camera.
Want to impress your friends with your astronomy skills, but don’t know a star from a planet in the sky? Here’s an app called Google Sky Map which will help you find those stars, planets and constellations in the sky, without having to dive into those astronomy books.
All you need to do is to download it on your Android device, start the app and point your phone to the skies. The app charts out the entire sky with starts, constellations and planets, so you know where they are in the skies.
Sky Maps utilizes your phone’s GPS, accelerometer and compass to give you live updates as you move and turn your phone around. It’s pretty cool to see the starts in the sky charted out and moving around as you turn. Even if you are not an astronomy buff, you’ve got to try this app out at least once.
If you know the names of a few planets or stars, you can even search for them and see where they appear in the night skies.
Here are some of the features of Google Sky Map:
- Search: Find planets, stars, and constellations guided by your phone.
- Motion detection: Sky Map uses your phone’s GPS, accelerometer, and compass to create a window in the sky that moves with your hand.
- Celestial objects: Browse a map showing the brightest naked-eye stars, planets, sun and moon, constellation lines, horizon, cardinal points, and Messier Objects.
- Navigation: Use automatic mode to let Sky Map adjust the map for you or switch to a manual mode that allows the map to be dragged with a finger.
Sky Map should work on any Android device which runs Android 1.5 or higher and has a built-in compass functionality. If your phone doesn’t have the compass function, the application will run only in manual mode.
To download this app, Search for “Sky Map” in the Android Market or scan the QR code below using your phone.You can head out to the Google Sky Map FAQ page to learn more about Google Sky Map.
Want to listen to some music but can’t decide what to listen to? Try out the Moodagent app for Android. This application auto-generates and plays music for you based on the mood you select on the sliders. If you want some “Happy” music, just side the Yellow Happy slider all the way to the top and slide the rest down. Mix and match these sliders to get a playlist to listen to.
When you start-up the Moodagent application for the first time, it syncs your music collection with the music profiles they have online. The music profiles for your collection are then downloaded to your phone, and this is used to create the playlists when you play with the sliders in the application. Anytime you add more music to your collection on the phone, the application re-syncs these profiles, or you can trigger a manual sync as well.
You also have control on playlists which are generated. If you long press a song, you get options to exclude the track and the artists from the playlists.
Here are the features supported by Moodagent:
- Automatically profiles your music based on emotion, mood, genre, sub-genre, style, tempo, beat, vocals, instruments and production features
- Instantly create mood-based playlists
- Create playlists based on seed track
- Save playlists
- Remove songs from playlist
- Share your mood and taste in music on Facebook and Twitter
- Renew the playlist within the slider settings
- Customise the desired length of playlist
- Lock tracks to the playlist to keep them in your generated playlists
- Exclude tracks or artists you don’t want to show up in your playlists
To download this application, search for Moodagent in Android Market app on your phone or scan the QR code above.
This app should work on any device running Android version 1.5 and up. A data connection though WiFi, Edge, or 3G Network required to receive profiles.
Learn more about this app from the publisher’s site at www.moodagent.com