The Nokia Lumia Bangalore Workshop
The Nokia India Folks organized a Nokia Lumia Workshop here in Bangalore today, which we had the pleasure of attending. They had invited the bloggers from South India for an interative session on the Lumia 800. In the session we got an overview of the Lumia 800’s features, bundled apps and serices. The bloggers got some hands one time with the devices to try it out.
We also got to test drive the Nokia Drive on a Lumia device which gave us a first hand view of the Nokia Drive app bundled with the Lumia 800.
Here’s some takeways from today’s sessions which we didn’t cover in our earlier posts:
- 750 cities in India have been mapped and will be available on Nokia Maps.
- Nokia Maps is available as a free download for Nokia Lumia users, and will also be available for non-Nokia devices as a paid app as well.
- Nokia Drive will be available in 50 languages including Hindi
- Nokia Drive is exclusive to Nokia Lumia devices and provides turn-by-turn navigation.
- Nokia Music Service and Mix Radio will not be initially available in India but will roll out after the first half of 2012. Pity, since I was looking forward to this service. Oh well, Nokia did mention that they have some exciting news coming
Here are some of the snaps from the event today:
Stay tuned to @myportableworld for more on the Nokia Lumia.